Monday, August 7, 2017

Vintage UFO, Paranormal, and Cryptid Book Collection

Those of you who know me well, know that I collect lots of books about the unusual. I am quite proud of my collection of nearly 250 books on all kinds of strange phenomena. Among these, I actually own quite a few that are fairly old and rare. If you listen to my show, I actually mention my collection quite regularly so I thought my followers might be interested in a small peek into my library.

Here are a few highlights from my collection:


  • They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers by Gray Barker, Second Edition, signed by the author (1956)
  • Invisible Residents by Ivan T. Sanderson, First Edition (1970)
  • Book of Great Jungles by Ivan T. Sanderson, First Edition (1965)
  • The Flying Saucers Are Real by Donald Keyhoe, First Edition Paperback (1950)
  • Man, Myth, and Magic, all 24 volumes, (1970)
  • Practical Zoölogy by Alvin Davison, Ph.D. (1906)

The last one isn't about unexplained phenomena but it is still the oldest book I own and a testament as to how far zoology has come since 1906. 

2 comments: